Trinity Hospital takes a lead in Parathyroid Care by Pioneering and becoming the first center in India to start and successfully perform over a dozen of flawless parathyroid surgeries by initiating intraoperative Parathyroid Hormone estimation.
The team of Doctors involved answers how beneficial it is over standard surgery.
Standard Parathyroid Surgery for Primary Hyperthyroidism
- The surgeon will “explore” for the parathyroid glands. This will take between 3 and 6 hours (but may take as long as 08hrs). Surgeon has to locate the Parathyroid Gland which might be situated in different location other than their anatomical sites.
- Expected blood loss is more due to uncertainty of localization of Parathyroid Gland also which may require extension of incision which can cause difficulty in healing as it can be fairly big.
Advantages: Parathyroid Surgery performed at Trinity Hospital with Intra Operative
Parathyroid Hormone Technique over standard surgery
- Reduced surgical time as the localization becomes more accurate with IOPTH technique.
- Intra Operative Parathyroid Hormone technique gives precise confirmation of removal of abnormal parathyroid gland when patient is on operation table.
- Accurate localization reduces blood loss as it is minimally invasive and can be performed in less time with best surgical expertise.
- Excellent, worldly reputed and skilled endocrine and surgical team available in this set-up with affordable expenditure for the surgery.